Once you decide you need a website you need to make a couple of decisions.
- Do you want to build it yourself?
- Where do you want to host it?
Theoretically you could host your own website on your PC at home, however this really is probably pretty impractical. You could go to one of the big hosting companies, here you will pay a little less however you will be just one of squillions of websites.
hostpossum.com will treat you like a friend rather than like a number. Our hosting is competitively priced and we offer all of the features that the bigger companies offer, however you are supported by a small team able to provide a more personal experience.
We offer off the shelf plans but we also are able to tailor a solution to suit your requirements whether your needs are small or large. If we do not have a plan that suits you, email or speak to us. We will tailor your experience to exactly suit your needs.
All our plans come with
- lots of disk space and bandwidth *
- Latest cPanel Control Panel
- Website Statistics: AWStats, Webalizer, Raw Log Manager, Referrer and Error Logs
- Fantastico: Instant Shopping Carts, Blogs, Portals, Forums, Counters, Formmail
- Password Protected Directories and Custom Error Pages
- Web Based File Manager, Hotlink Protection, IP Deny Manager, Redirect URL
Programming and Database Features
- MySQL Databases with phpMyAdmin Access
- Programming Languages: CGI, Fast CGI, PHP 5, Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python, SSI
- Programming Modules: Curl, CPAN, GD Library, Image Magick
- FrontPage Extensions*
- POP3 Email Accounts with SMTP
- WebMail Access: Choose from Horde, SquirrelMail, or RoundCube
- Receive your email to your phone via IMAP Support
- Prevent spam with SpamAssassin
- Autoresponders, Mail, Forwards, Email Aliases, Mailing Lists
We love possums.
- 100+% carbon offset servers.
- a portion of sales income goes to Steve Irwin’s Wildlife Warriors and the Jane Goodall Institute
* personalised as required to suit your needs.